This will be a hearty dish for your next main course using the farm fresh top sirloin from Figbo. The Gorgonzola cheese will give it a flavor that will be different and when you serve a side dish of chilled Beaujolais, they’ll rave about it over and over.
- Two One and half pound top sirloin steaks one inch thick
- Six tablespoons olive oil
- Two tablespoons balsamic vinegar (substitute with red wine vinegar if desired)
- Six minced garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- One large sliced green bell pepper
- One cup beef broth or chicken broth, low or no salt
- Crumbled Gorgonzola
- Italian parsley, minced
Put It Altogether
- In a glass baking dish, position the steaks. In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of oil with half of the garlic and all of the vinegar, mix well then pour over the steaks, turning to coat them all over. Allow to marinate for thirty minutes at room temperature or marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil over a medium heat in a heavy skillet. Add bell peppers, onion, and rest of garlic then sauté for eight minutes. Add broth and turn up the heat, bring to a boil for approximately 5 minutes. The liquid will start to thicken and the vegetables will get tender. Season with pepper and salt.
- Get the grill ready on a high heat or set the broiler at preheat. Take steaks from the marinade and season with pepper and salt, then place on grill for five minutes each side for rare, a few minutes longer for more cooked meat. Place the steaks on a platter as your bring the veggies to a simmer. Slice the steaks and arrange on platter to be topped with the veggies and poor skillet juice over all. Garnish with cheese & parsley.