The Ingredients Needed:
- One New York Strip 1-1/4 inch thick
- One 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- One-Fourth tsp black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Allow the steak to sit at room temp for thirty minutes.
- Sprinkle the pepper & salt on both sides then rub with olive oil.
- Set aside and heat a med-size heavy-bottomed pan over high heat.
- Once it is hot, put the steak in it and cook until a dark crust forms.
- Turn with spatula or tong and cook another three to four minutes.
- Place the steak on cutting board or serving dish and let sit five minutes, then serve.