- 2 and half pounds beef tenderloin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp dried marjoram leaves
- ¼ tsp coarse kosher salt
- Set oven at 425ºF
- Turn the small end of tenderloin under about six inches and tie with string every 1 and 1/2-inch.
- Place beef in shallow roasting pan with a rack.
- Brush with the olive oil and sprinkle with marjoram, pepper, salt.
- Insert meat thermometer in thickest part.
- Bake forty to fifty minutes uncovered or until thermometer reads 140°F.
- Cover beef loosely with aluminum foil and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Remove the string and serve.