We normally don’t recommend blanching tender herbs like basil, but when you blanch it with collards and kale, it can make for a delicious dish.
- 1 bunch collard greens with stems removed
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale with stems removed
- Kosher salt
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 c olive oil
- ½ c roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
Make your pesto the day before and place plastic wrap over as you directly press it against surface of the pesto then chill until you’re ready for it.
- In a large pot, place the collard greens & kale in boiling water with the salt. Boil until the contents are a bright green & tender. Pour into a bowl with ice water to stop it from cooking as well as seal in the color. Drain and squeeze the liquid out as much as possible.
- Chop the greens then put in food processor. Add the garlic, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, oil, lemon juice. Blend on low speed until coarse and well-blended. You want to have a little bit of texture. Now season to taste with salt and pepper.