By briefly boiling the fresh green beans, you bring the flavor out to be enjoyed when tossed with fresh tomatoes in the buttery basil sauce, using ingredients from your Figbo box! An excellent side dish for Sunday dinner.
The Ingredients You Need:
1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans: Trim and cut up in 2 inch pieces
1 and half cup water
One-fourth cup organic unsalted butter
3/4 tsp garlic
¼ tsp pepper
1-1/2 tsp fresh basil: chopped
2 c fresh tomato halves
How To Make It:
- Fill large saucepan with water and green beans. Cover pan with lid and bring contents to a boil.
- Now lower heat and allow beans to simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain water and put to the side.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add basil, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Add the cut tomatoes then stir gently as it cooks until soft.
- Pour the mixture over the green beans then gently toss.