This is a very easy recipe that can be adapted with other fruits for those who don’t care for a sour taste. Or pair with vanilla ice cream that will make this dessert melt in your mouth.
The Ingredients You Need:
2 lbs red plums: cut in half, remove pit and then cut into 1-inch wedges
2/3 c granulated sugar: to be divided
1 1/4 c all-purpose flour: to be divided
2 tbsp orange juice
1/2 pt raspberries: fresh is best from your Figbo box
1/3 c packed light brown sugar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
8 tbsp (or 1 stick) cold butter: unsalted & diced
1/2 c quick-cooking oats
1/2 c almonds: sliced with some extra for sprinkling
Make The Filling
- Set oven at 350 degrees to start preheating.
- Put the sliced plums, 1/4 cup of flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, and all of the orange juice in large bowl then toss well
- Add the raspberries then lightly toss.
- Pour into a 9 by 12 baking dish.
Make The Topping
- Use the remaining flour, granulated sugar, the brown sugar, and the kosher salt and mix in a food processor, using the steel blade.
- Run on pulse a couple of times.
- Add the butter and run on pulse again so that butter becomes pea size.
- Pour into a large bowl then add the oats, mixing well with hands to create large crumbles.
- Add the 1/2 cup of almonds and mix by hand again.
- Spread over the plums evenly, covering the fruit.
- Sprinkle with the extra almonds.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature.